The Basel regulatory accords are with us to stay – and they are becoming more complex as time passes.
This course addresses current underlying regulatory approaches to market, credit, operational, liquidity – and other types of risk. The historical background will be established (why was Basel necessary in the first place?) and the timeline examined to contextualise developments and changed in the accords along the way.
Basel III is the current patchwork of amendments to Basel II that banks must be compliant with, but Basel IV (more amendments) is coming – it is being phased in over the next few years.
Who Should Attend?
- Strategic business developers
- Risk managers
- Risk compliance
- Portfolio analysts
Benefits of Attending
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the relevance of the Basel accord timeline
- Understand the reasons for the changes in the accords since 2008
- Know the mathematics and equations governing most of the accord principles
- Know what will be required under the Basel IV accord and what banks need to do to become Basel complaint under this new accord.