The Basel regulatory accords are with us to stay – and they are becoming more complex as time passes.
This course addresses current underlying regulatory approaches to market, credit, operational, liquidity – and other types of risk. The historical background will be established (why was Basel necessary in the first place?) and the timeline examined to contextualise developments and changed in the accords along the way.
While Basel II remains in place and Basel IV will be slowly installed over the next few years, banks need to be Basel III compliant: this course covers the essentials of what is required for this compliance.
Who Should Attend?
- Strategic business developers
- Risk managers
- Risk compliance
- Portfolio analysts
Benefits of Attending
At the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the relevance of the Basel accord timeline
- Understand the reasons for the changes in the accords since 2008
- Know the mathematics and equations governing most of the accord principles
- Know the relevant principles for Basel III compliance.